Search This Blog

Friday, October 3, 2008

An Update...

Not a lot has been happening here. Just normal "Mommy stuff", but I thought I'd give a little update for my family that likes to "see" how everyone's doing. :)

Kristyn loves to have tea parties, so we had a tea party while Owen and Megan were napping. Mom, the blue is the new set of dishes you sent me for my birthday. :) We like to mix them up to make them more colorful. :)




Another great tea party, tucked into our memory box. :)
We've had an abundance of apples this year.

After canning apple pie filling the other day, I had a tiny bit left in the pan, so Kristyn asked if she could make a pie for Daddy. I made up some dough and she dumped in the pie filling and plopped it in the oven. She was quite proud of her accomplishment and Daddy thought it was yummy, too.
Here's my apple pie filling and more jars waiting to be filled. Today it's going to be apple sauce and apple rings. Hopefully, by the time I get all those done, we'll be out of apples. :)
Our newest little kitchen helper!
Hope everyone's having a great day. Thanks for checking in on us. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Yum! The apples look great! I'm proud of you. Grandma & Grandmother would have been, also. And what a fun tea party! I like the mix of dishes.
Love ya,
Mom

Rob and Deanna said...

Thanks!
Becky's blog is
http://snakesnailsbuttonsnbows.blogspot.com/
Deanna

Bianca said...

Aww...I wish I were there to help you! Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Megan it is so cute! The tea party looks like lots of fun too and I can't wait to make you an apple pie now :-) especially since the apples are already peeled :-) Love and miss you!!

Mary Ellen said...

Great pictures...as always. Loved that last one of your kitchen helper. "-)

Anonymous said...

Hello...Wow, what a gorgeous family!! Nice finding you here, in blogland. I sure am proud of you two!!!
Much love,
Lauresa H

Brenda Marquez said...

Your apples look wonderful! Grandma would have been very proud of you! Unfortunately I didn't inherit her traits of canning, etc. I do like to cook, though! Your babies are so sweet. Oh, and also, Mandie was able to get the pictures on the program you sent. Thanks a million!
Love, Aunt Bennie

snakesnailsbuttonsnbows said...

Hello Crystal,
It was great to hear from you!! I ended up with 2 BUCKETS of rocks!! I will be using them up shortly for a science class.
I love the pictures of your pie filling. I keep thinking of doing that with mine!! I have applesauce canning now. It is nice to see other people canning!!! I did 24 pints of black rasp. pie filling last year. This year I was hoping to get a lot more canning done. Just can't beat the flavor!!!
Our children really enjoyed the reunion....Well, we did tooo. Blessings! Becky

Blog Archive