First of all, does anyone know how to get this little blue box off of my posts and still have the background......ugh....it's driving me batty. :/
Okay, on with the post....
Kristyn has been asking if we could get a pumpkin to eat for a while now. So the other day, I let her and Owen pick out a pumpkin off of the "dollar" stand at the produce store and let them paint them. As you can see, they were quite proud of their pumpkins.

Kristyn said she was painting hair on her pumpkin. When I asked Owen what he was painting, he said, "A pumpkin!" (Oh, really??? I never would have guessed.)

This used to be several seperate colors. :) We'll cut up and eat the pumpkins today...yummy!!

As I've mentioned before, we have Kids Club at our church. Last week we finished our construction theme, "Build Each Other Up. We had a great time and the kids enjoyed it so much. Last week we had 41 community kids. Each child had a construction hat (from the party store)and that was their name tag each night. I won't bore you with all the details of each week, but I thought it was a great 6 weeks and the kids learned a lot. Next week we start "Treasures of the Nile."

The white picket fence on the left is a puppet stand that 2 "school kids" would walk by each week.

Isn't this just the cutest puppet "truck"...aka recliner box from the furniture store? That's Mr. Ibeam sticking his head out. :)
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!!
8 comments:
What fun! The pumpkin will be good to eat too. The pics of Megan are sooooo cute. Thanks for posting them for Grandma! Guess you'll have a busy week getting ready for Kids Club next Tuesday. You do such a good job decorating and pulling it all together. I'm always impressed. Love you all, Grandma Della
The pictures are all so cute! Looks like they had lots of fun with theur pumpkins! Megan is getting so big! Kids Club things look wonderful! Can't wait to see you all!
Love you!
Little Miss Megan looks exactly like what you said! :) Won't you have fun when she starts toddling around!! What a bunch of cuties you have! I'm sure Kristyn & Owen had fun painting the pumpkins. They are getting so big! Of course, Kids Club looks GREAT! You may have to build you a storage room just to store all the stuff! Please don't discard it!!! Thanks for sharing all the pictures! We're anxious to see you all.
Love ya,
Mom & Grandma :)
I don't know how to get rid of your little blue box, it's probably part of the code embeded into the HTML code you had to use to put the background on. It probably isn't as noticeable to all the rest of us as it is to you, if that helps any. "-)
Cute idea to let them paint the pumpkins, loved Owens answer.
Little Megan is growing up so fast, still can't get over - every time I see a picture - what a perfect replica she is of Krysten.
Something is weird and I can't sign in...I think it's my computer, don't worry! So, I'm writing anonymously.
I love to watch kids paint...it is just SO exciting! Your Kid's Club looks fantastic! Can you come to FL and help me decorate for my Holiday Concert???
Love you guys!
Robyn
The blue box IS part of the code, and because it's part of the code, you can change it!
< div id="tag" style="position:absolute; left:0px; top:30px; z-index:50; width:150px; height:45px;">
< a href="http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com" target="_blank" >
< img border="0" src="http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.jpg"/ >
< /a >< /div >
That's the part of the code that controls the box. Open the place where you saved your background. Highlight that part of the code and erase it. OR, if you want to still keep it, just change the size or position. For instance, if you change "top" to "bottom", it will move to the bottom of the screen. (NOT the bottom of your blog, just the bottom of your screen). You can change the height and width too. You're probably supposed to have it, but who's gonna know if you just want to delete it? :-) I'm glad you mentioned that, because it was driving me batty on mine too, and I didn't even think about deleting it from the html code. Good luck!
Jessica
P.S. I had to insert a lot of spaces to get it to show up here, but the spaces will not appear in the code.
Sorry, the numbers will not change the size because the rest of the html is in the link, so you can't change that, but you CAN either delete it or change the position on the screen. The numbers will change the position. For instance, if you change "top" to "Bottom", "Left" to "right", and increase the number next to "width", then it will move to the bottom right side of the first page of your blog and toward the right.
Oh my goodness. I love her hair--totally reminds me of Audrey when she was that small. Which hardly seems possible now that she's 10 and the time just flew by.
Thanks for inviting me for a visit!
Post a Comment