Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!!

I know every girl thinks they have the best dad in the world, but I am most certain that I really do, have the absolute, best dad in the entire universe!!! :)

He loves his family and more than anything else, wants them all to go to Heaven. He takes time for ALL of us and is never too busy to lend a listen ear, a word of advise when asked for it, always ready with a word of encouragement and a hand for playing catch with the little ones...or big one's, too for that matter. :)

All the grandkids like him to read to them. It will forever be etched in my memory hearing my dad read from the Bible every night before we went to bed, when we were all growing up....what a beautiful sound!!

He's always happy to welcome new little ones into his "ever growing" family. He has 3 kids and 9 grandkids (all 5 yrs and under) and one beautiful wife.


He LOVES to have any of us sing, or participate in church service when we are there visiting. Doesn't he look like one proud Grandpa??
He has a great sense of humor and doesn't mind slipping it in, every chance he gets. :)

Most importantly, he is a Godly man! He has set an example that we are proud to follow. I often remember his words that I would hear every day when he was praying for us kids growing up. I never want to forget those words and now I pray the same prayer for my children.
I feel very blessed today to have such a great dad, who has loved me, supported me, encouraged me and loved Keith just the same as me.
We love you, Dad! Happy Birthday!!!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to a GREAT man, Crystal! Daddy hasn't had a chance to read it yet (and I hope his head doesn't swell so much he can't get through the door!! :)) but I totally agree! Your Daddy is one awesome guy!!!
Love ya,
Mom

Misty said...

Very sweet tribute Crystal! I totally agree :-) My dad is the very same way, amazing huh?? We must be sisters or something...... LOL

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful, Crystal. You are indeed blessed!
Happy Birthday to your Dad.
Love, Momma D

Mary Ellen said...

What nice tributes you and Misty did, I'm sure there is no greater gift you could give him!!!

Lenita just told me the story of Krysten and the shoes - were those from Kaitlyn? What a sweet, sweet story.

Keith and Crystal said...

Mary Ellen, where did Lenita hear that story? Yes, they were from Kaitlyn and yes it was beautiful. I'm planning on putting a blog on here about it in the next couple of days, so stay tuned. :)

To all the rest of you, thanks for the birthday wishes for my dad. :)

Blog Archive