Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2012

A visit to the Zoo

We went to the St. Louis Zoo last week and the kids loved it!  Although it was a bit crowded, the weather was perfect.  

 Checking out the penguins.

 This poor bear needs a bigger home. :)



 They really enjoyed the birds!


 Ashlyn tried to get the giraffe's attention, but was unsuccessful. 









 Wouldn't you love to have an audience while eating your lunch?
The reptile house was definitely a favorite! 



 My question was "where is the rest of this snake?" :/~


 THIS guy was what they talked about for DAYS before we went - the King Cobra.  A little boy had told them that he had a King Cobra for a pet.  After they really saw the snake, they decided that the little boy was probably telling a story. :)
 We got to ride the train through the whole zoo - FUN!


 The Hippos were very friendly! 


Don't worry, Grandma, it's not real! :)

3 comments:

Angela said...

St. Louis Zoo is my favorite zoo, out of all the ones I've been too!

Their updates in the past years have really enhanced its favor!!!!

I'm anxiously awaiting for the new outdoor seal location to open, (they were in the process of working on it when we were there this past Spring).

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun, tho' the last picture makes my heart skip a beat!!! Glad you had a fun day.

Love you,
Momma D

Anonymous said...

What fun!!! I remember that we went to the St. Louis zoo on a field trip when I was in first grade (a few years ago!:)) However....any little kids who like the reptile house better than the giraffes and bears...should I claim them or not??? :) Of course I will, but I'll admit, I did a huge "gasp" on the last picture, thinking surely the snake was on the other side of glass...until I saw it was not even real!:) Glad you all had a fun day!

Love you bunches,
Mom

Blog Archive