Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Fun Family Day At The Arch....

A few weeks ago, we decided to load up and have a family day!   Since we have never taken the kids to the Arch and we live about 45 min away from it, we decided to go there.

The kids loved it!


 The steps were no problem for them!

 The view from the top of the steps.  Notice the traffic stopped on I-70 on the bridge...glad we weren't stuck in that.

 Under the Arch is a museum that is very interesting.

 Lots of neat things to see.

 Jeren wasn't too sure about this guy.

 The girls begged to try on bonnets from the gift shop. :)

 They've each got their buddy.

 We weren't able to go up to the top because there was a very long line (2 hr wait) but the kids were happy not to go all the way up there. :)


 Beside the Arch, they have a beautiful, grassy area with lots of trees.  We played around there before we loaded up to leave. 


   
 


After the Arch, we traveled to old town St. Louis to this Candy shop. Keith had seen it advertised somewhere and he has always wanted to go. It was WAY down there and I was very ready to leave (I'm a chicken, I know) - although the people inside the shop were very friendly!

We ordered a strawberry and chocolate shake (24 oz each) and all shared it.  Each shake filled up THREE of those glasses that Kristyn is drinking from.
   


Can you imagine joining this club?  One man did it in 5 min - CAN YOU IMAGINE the brain freeze he must have had??

We had a wonderfully fun day that day!  Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

2 comments:

Angela said...

Neat spot to visit ~ I've been up a few times ~ yet can't help but wonder, "What would I do, if this Cog stops while I'm not at a convenient spot to get out?" ~ Thank God for the steps along the clog!

They seem like they enjoyed every minute of it ! ! ! !

Dittos on being DOWN TOWN at a candy shop . . . I'm a chicken too! =0)

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Very neat place ~ and neat pictures! Brings back memories of us taking our little bunch there a "few" years ago.:) Looks like you had lots of fun and made good memories. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Love you all bunches,
Mom

Blog Archive