Search This Blog

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cause To Celebrate...

Today was the big day that George decided to come out of his chrysalis! Last night when we went to bed he had turned black and we could see the orange and white and the pattern of the wings. It was so neat to see. (Go down a few posts to see previous pictures of George)

We were all so excited when we got up this morning and found George like this....
He was just pulling his feet out of the chrysalis and was still very wet.
We went to church and RUSHED home to let George out of his jar.
I LOVE the look of awe in Owen's eyes.

As you can see Megan thought it was "Ewwww".


Kristyn held him on her finger and carried him outside to the garden to put him on a flower.

Always the drama queen, Kristyn was very sad to see him fly away. :)

So long, George, it was a pleasure having you! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures!! What a GREAT Creator we have! Glad your little ones were able to enjoy George!!! :)

Love ya,
Mom

Misty said...

Very cool!! Kaylee is crying for Kristyn! LOL I told her maybe George would come back to visit in your flowers...that made her feel better =)

Missy said...

What an amazing adventure for your kids!!! I couldn't wait to see the update on George. What a beautiful butterly he turned into be. "Hermie" would be proud. lol!

Robyn Huff said...

That is really neat, Crystal! Poor Kristyn! I had to snicker at the drama, though!!!

Pam said...

Another miracle of God!

Jamie said...

I LOVE the picture of Kristyn! It reminds me of how Megan would react. I love that your kids got to see that!

Blog Archive