Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2011

The Last Family Day of Summer....

Saturday was the last free day before school started, so we decided to pack it full of fun things.  One thing we had been wanting to do was ride the Katy Trail on our bikes.  This was our first time and certainly won't be the last.  We had a GRAND time!!

The only thing missing was candy to throw at onlookers - they thought we were a parade. :D





 The trail goes along the great Missouri river!  Absolutely beautiful!

 We took a little break to watch the river.

 Megan kept up the pace very well. (don't you love her glasses?)  I was surprised, but eventually her little legs got tired and she hitched a ride from mom and Keith strapped her bike to the trailer that Jeren and Ashlyn were in.

 Owen asked to take a picture of mom and dad. :)
 If you ever get a chance and like to ride bikes, I highly recommend the Katy Trail.  It's flat (great for kids) and small gravel, so pretty much a smooth ride.  We rode for seven miles.  I was so proud of the kids.  We saw some Turkeys and a snake. :D
 After our ride we were starving, so we found a park and had a picnic.



 Keith demonstrated his great talent of flipping out of the swing - HA!  He really did land on his feet...... :D

 I love these ladies!
All tuckered out after a fun filled day!!!!

2 comments:

Misty said...

Looks like fun! Imagine what a parade all of us would make =) Glad Keith didn't land on his face! Megan's glasses are hilarious!

sarahmfry said...

What a wonderful day!! This is something we wanted to do before school started but didn't get to it...we are shopping for a trail-a-bike for one of the little ones who doesn't ride the trailer. I'm enjoying looking at your adventures.

Blog Archive