Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2011

First day of School....

I'll make a long story short. :D


Our computer has been dead for several weeks.  It's now up and running again, so catch up time for the blog.  There are several posts - ENJOY!!!!  Thanks for stopping by to see us. :)

Thursday was the first day of school.

 Owen wasn't too sure about going to school.  He told me the night before as I was rocking him, "Mom, I know I'm starting school tomorrow, but I'd still like to come visit sometimes."  :'(  I told him he would still live here and I would come get him every day, just like I did Kristyn.  He felt much better after that. :)
 Kristyn is in the second grade,
 and Owen is in Kindergarten.
 Daddy came up to walk them to school just like he did on Kristyn's first day of school.

*******

After they came home, I asked them what their favorite part of the day was and Owen replied, "coming home"  Kristyn liked her new teacher. :)
 Owen sporting his cowboy hat that he made.
 Jeren and Megan were so happy to have them home - notice the ball gloves? :D  Jeren was ready and waiting.
The first thing Owen did when he got home was get is glove on.

Back to business as usual.

The Lord has answered a huge prayer for us this year.

The school needed a new teacher and they have searched high and low, contacted numerous teachers and none were able to come.  Keith has noting to do with the hiring of the teachers, but I knew it was weighing on him.

Well, Elise graduated from college in May and moved back here this summer.  She was planning on attending nursing school and she tried every available school in the state, but it seemed like God just closed all the doors for her.  She was trusting God, but was rather confused.  Then a light went on and one night she talked to us about teaching here and Keith told her to call the chairman of the board about it.

She called him.  They had a meeting to interview her.  Hired her and her training started the very next day in IL and the next week (last week) God provided a darling little apartment for her to move in to. (pictures to come)

She told me later, she didn't really have any leading to nursing school, but was just moving forward and knew that God would direct her if He had other plans.  I'm SO happy God had the school in HIS plans for her life.

Isn't it amazing how God works.  Elise is SO happy and loves the kids.  Of course, the kids LOVE her to pieces.

God is so good!!!!!

6 comments:

Tonya said...

I LOVED ALL OF YOUR UPDATES!!! Let's see, the bike ride and picnic~what incredible memories!!! I can't believe Owen started schoo this year! My favorite part was Jeren waiting with the ball gloves when Owen got home! Adorable! Love your family and love you!!! Tonya

Misty said...

Love the pictures =) I need to call you =)

Angela said...

Awwww ~ first day of school memories!!!! Beautiful!

WONDERFUL ! ! ! Elise + School = BLESSINGS from GOD above WHO always answers prayer just at the right time !!!!! So GLAD she is following the LORD'S leadings!!!!

Mandy said...

I loved all of the pictures so very much!!!! I enjoyed seeing your wonderful summer memories and the first day of school!

We miss and love you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Loved all your new posts and pictures! Glad your computer is fixed so we can enjoy your blog again. What an exciting time you've had this summer and now Owen's starting school!!! Glad we got to be with you all as much as we did the past couple of months. Love you all bunches! Momma D

Janie said...

I left a comment a few days ago but I don't see it on here. The ball glove picture is priceless and I'm so glad Owen got to come home after school! My kids would love that creek. And the bike trail looks like tons of fun. I loved all the pics :)

Blog Archive