Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, OWEN!!

Yesterday, Owen turned FIVE years old!  It's so hard to believe that our little man is that old already.  He said he wanted a construction cake for his birthday. So I tried my best to make his little dreams come true. :)

 Many thanks to Graham Crackers and Oreo's.



 See this really cool load coming out of the bucket into the dump truck?  Keith cut a Graham Cracker just the right size, I iced it and we dipped it in Oreo crumbs.  Turned out perfect. :D


 A neat card from Grandma and Papa.
 A DOLLAR!
 This is just what I wanted.
 The smile says it all.
 He is a good helper and most of the time a willing worker
 See his shirt?  He told me he wanted a birthday shirt (thanks for the idea, Janie).  So he designed it himself with scraps of material we already had.  We cut out the five and I sewed them on.  He loves it!
I told him Saturday:
"This is the LAST day that you're going to be four years old in your whole life."
He replied:
"Yeah!  I'm really gonna miss you and I know you will miss me, too."

Happy Birthday, Our Sweet Little Man!!!!!

5 comments:

Angela said...

Happy Birthday, Owen!!!! Wow, that means school this coming year! Oh, boy! =0)

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Owen!!!!! You are really growing up into a nice young man. I hope that you had a wonderful day! I love your cake and your shirt!!! :)

Love,
Aunt Mandy

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to our sweet little man! Actually, you are a very BIG boy, Owen, and grandma and grandpa are really proud of you! We love you BUNCHES and we're glad you had a happy birthday! Your cake and your shirt was awesome!!

Love you LOTS,
Grandma & Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Owen. Wow five already???!!! I love the shirt idea. Your cake was awesome too. Hope you had a great day.

Liz said...

LOVED the update and love you all!

Blog Archive