God gave us these little ones for such a short time.
He said they're your blessing, but remember they're mine.
Made in His image, this myst'ry unfolds;
A child is more precious than silver or gold.
Chorus:
So house-work be quite and chores wait in line.
I'm holding my jewel for this is my time.
Dishes can wait and dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
Some day you'll be grown up just like daddy and me,
And if you're not loved now, oh how sad it will be.
So I'll tell you of Jesus for He loves you so;
And though we all love you,
He loves you more.
I sang this song for Mother's Day a few years ago when Megan was a baby and it's been singing through my brain the last few days. Time goes by SO fast! Sometimes I wish I could freeze time to right now. Then we have a day like yesterday and I'm glad days move on. ;)
Don't forget to hug your family (whether big, or little) today!
:)



4 comments:
Oh my, that's way too true! Time with our babies flies by way too quickly!!!
Great pictures of you snuggling your baby girl! :)
Love you all!
What a priceless picture!! Ashlynn looks so much like Megan in those pictures! And it's so very true that they are babies for such a short time. In fact, wasn't it just yesterday that YOU were the baby that this mommy was cuddling??? :) Hug all your babies for me!
Love ya BUNCHES,
Mom
Wow ~ neat song . . . I've never heard it before ~ to bad you won't record it and add it on here! =0)
I memorized the poem that song comes from when mine were babies. I'm glad I rocked them and held them as much as I did. Our babies grow up WAY TOO FAST! Enjoy them, even on the not to easy days. I know you love them, you're a good momma and we're so blessed that our grands have you, and a good daddy too. We love you all. Can't wait to see you again.
Momma D
Post a Comment