<-------Don't forget to read side note!
Last week we made some candy = Yum!!
Last week we made some candy = Yum!!
If you remember last year we made some candy,
but since I can't have pecans, we tried something
different this year. I think I shall regret this as I ate
WAY too many, but they sure were tasty!
I had two helpers that were very excited to help me
- the rest were sleeping.
First, you line the sheet with wax paper and
carefully line square pretzels on the sheet.
Next, you place a candy cane kiss on each pretzel!
Until they are ALL done.
Pop them in the oven for 5 minutes on 170*.
Then grab them out and squish a M&M on the kiss.
Wait for them to cool for a while.....
Try not to snitch.......hmmmmmm
And Ta-da! Ready to take to the Christmas program.
They're like potato chips. You can't just have one. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was SO proud of my handsome hubby for all of his hard work and creative-ness in making the scenes for the program. Even though he was gone a lot, it was worth seeing the end result (I normally help him with it, but this year was a little different).
The angel coming to Mary.
This was Mary's house at the beginning. Then he had to run out while another scene was happening and change it to the Inn and then come BACK out and change it back to another house.
This was grandmother Mary telling her story to her grandkids.
The whole story was Mary telling her grandkids how it all happened with the other kids acting it out.
Joseph coming to the Inn
The Shepherds
Don't you love the starry sky? He painted sheets and hung net lights behind it. :)
James (I think) joined the story telling.
Some of the kids singing
Mary and Baby Jesus (Ashlyn), she looks a little lost without Joseph.
King Herod talking to the wise men.
Keith was very happy with the way his throne turned out.
"Older" Baby Jesus (Jeren). He was a happy clam as long as he was eating grapes. :)
Keith and his helpers did an outstanding job and I think it turned out SO nice, especially since it was all made out of CARDBOARD!! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last, but not least, here's something to add a smile to your day.
Last fall, a church here in town was offering the Dave Ramsey, 13 week Financial Peace University, so Keith and I took it.
So the other day, we drove by that church and Owen shouted,
"Look Mom! That's where we went for revival."
I told him I didn't remember a revival there and asked who was the preacher.
He said, "Don't you remember? It was Dave Ramsey!"
:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last, but not least, here's something to add a smile to your day.
Last fall, a church here in town was offering the Dave Ramsey, 13 week Financial Peace University, so Keith and I took it.
So the other day, we drove by that church and Owen shouted,
"Look Mom! That's where we went for revival."
I told him I didn't remember a revival there and asked who was the preacher.
He said, "Don't you remember? It was Dave Ramsey!"
:)



6 comments:
Yum-yum!! I think I might try the candy ~ and it looks so pretty and festive! Thanks for sharing! The program props are GREAT! Tell Keith he did a wonderful job on it (even without your help!:)) Wish I could have been there in person. Looks great!
Love ya,
Mom
I want to be invited to your blog! and you have my e-mail address, right?
Mmmmmmm, those look TOO good! :)
Keith did a WONDERFUL job on the program sets!
That is hilarious about Dave Ramsey! Too cute!
Love you all!
Yes, Lizzy, I have your address.
Thanks! :)
I'm trying those! They look SO yummy!
And I love, love, love the new hairbow!!! I'll be sure to e-mail you so I can be an invited reader :)
Thanks, Grace! I thought the bow turned out cute. :)
I'll add your address to the list.
Thanks! :)
Post a Comment