Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Weather Check and And Ramblings...

How's the weather out there???


My mind is wandering tonight!
I feel like my brain cells have "restless leg syndrome".

***************

We have been trying to keep Ashlyn in for the most part. The last time we had a baby born this time of year, we went through this....


Megan was 8 weeks old and ended up with an ambulance ride and a complete isolation stay at the Cardinal Glennon Hospital in St. Louis.  Boy, we sure don't want to repeat that!!!!

So we have been keeping Ashlyn in as much as possible to avoid all the germs.

I'm saying all of this to remind myself that this is best - right???  ....But I can't say this loud enough

*I HAVE CABIN FEVER**

I'm not one to stay inside much.  I like to be outside

- doing things -

messing around in my dead flower garden, 
gathering sticks and making fires, 
raking leaves.....  
I don't like to shop, unless it's garage sales, or thrift stores, or Hobby Lobby. :D

So all that to say!!!!  I'M SO THANKFUL FOR HEALTHY CHILDREN!

We have been filling our days with lots of things - indoor things - 
Coloring
Reading
Tent building with blankets
Putting up the Christmas tree (pictures to come)
Playing with Little People (the plastic kind)
Reconstructing the basement into a play room (more on that later)
Painting (more on that, too)
Painting hands and feet (yeah, that will come later, too)
Took Christmas pictures (see header picture)

And......
Dirty diapers
Dirty dishes
Dirty clothes
But I'm sure you don't want more on that. :D

In all of my cabin-fever-ness this evening, I've been thinking about two VERY special ladies in my life!  

My Mothers!

I don't know how I would have made it the last 3 weeks without them.



Keith's mom came speeding up the day Ashlyn was born and stayed for a couple of days until she needed to go back to work.  She kept the kids fed and dressed, so nobody would think they were homeless.  She brought them up to see us while we were in the hospital and did the laundry AND managed to keep her sanity. 

Then my mom came up after her acute illness subsided and stayed for 11 days!!!  She wouldn't let me do anything.  She cooked, cleaned, did laundry, ripped out shelves in the basement (more on that later), hauled a deep freezer around - by herself (have I ever mentioned she is from the house and lineage of Samson?), spoiled her son-in-law absolutely rotten, made multiple trips to Walmart and she managed to keep her sanity, too - except now she's sick again. :/  Sorry, Mom!

God has truly blessed Keith and I with these wonderful women we call Mother!

I think I've officially gone over the line of "no wordy posts".

I hope you're enjoying the cooler weather out there.  Our weather man says we're supposed to get snow this weekend!!
We're still enjoying the great outdoors.  We're just doing it from the warm and toasty indoors.  :)

Stay warm!!

An update:

Keith got done last night with building the Christmas program set for the school program on Friday.  After a week of working almost every evening, he's finally done with his part. :)   SO, I think I'm going to run out for some Christmas shopping this evening!!! :D 


5 comments:

Bethany and Dorian said...

Sorry you're feeling that way, but you're right, we definitely don't want anyone to end up in the hospital! Can't wait to see pictures of all you've been up to lately! Love you all!!

Anonymous said...

This to shall pass. It seems like it's forever now, but looking back later you'll remember how quickly time passes. Wish we were closer so I could help again now. Thanks for the beautiful words about your mothers. I'm pretty sure your mom agrees with me - - it's a privilege to be MOM to such a wonderful couple and beautiful grandchildren!!! Love you bunches and bunches and more!!!!!!!!!!
Momma D

Anonymous said...

Hey, Crystal, pick me up on your way to Hobby Lobby and we can have a fun day of shopping!!!! :) Don't we wish!!! I don't have cabin fever, but I guess I do have "remodeling house" syndrome ~ how do you decorate for Christmas in a mess??? But then I think that it's only temporary and there are so many people that are so much worse off that I have NO room to complain!! I'm very thankful, too, that your little ones are well and, like Della said, it truly is a privilege to be mom and grandma to such a sweet and loving family. It is was so much fun to spend so much time with you all ~ and I'm thankful (even at the risk of being called Samson!!! :)) that I was able to help with some of your projects (until the men took over!!!) We made memories ~ right?? :) We are all so very blessed! We love you all LOTS and LOTS!

Mom

Anonymous said...

BTW ~ I LOVE the Christmas picture of the kids and I'm so impressed that you got five little ones all dressed up and got a great picture ~ without your hubby (or me!! :)) assisting! That looks a HUGE accomplishment to this grandma! I'm proud of you!

Love ya,
Mom

Keith and Crystal said...

Thanks, Mom. We had a time of prayer before we started....:D The kids did great!

We took pictures for about 10 min and got three good ones, so I was a happy Mommy!

It took a LOT longer to get all of them dressed than it did to take the pictures. :)

Blog Archive