A lady "rescued" this little critter and decided Kristyn needed it. (thanks alot!!) Keith and I both desperately tried to see the beauty in her and was just having a hard time of it. We couldn't quite see past the dirt and "yucky-ness" of her like Kristyn could. :) Keith decided we would have a "trial run" and see how she did. After only having her a few hours, I reminded Kristyn that we were just keeping her for a while to see if she liked us, but we might have to give her back. Immediately, the storms clouds blew in and the the tears started flowing. I told Keith he'd better have a really good explaination for her, if the dog had to be given back.
So we started out with this.....

For being a "kennel dog" her whole little life, she was so good with the kids and being led on a leash.

Kristyn was just sure this little dog was a gift straight from Heaven to her. She affectionately named her "Peanut." By the second day of having her, she had gone on wagon rides, had a tea party, been wrapped in a blanket, went on numerous walks around the yard and brushed from head to hind-end at least a few dozen times.

A lady offered to cut her hair for us. The dog had already had 4 baths, even with whitening shampoo and we all decided that she was just stained. So Keith wanted her completely shaved. "Start out fresh and new."
This is what she brought back.......

Can you believe it? Talk about 'Extreme Pet Makeover'!!! She looks big in the pictures, but she's only about 10 lbs. They told us she was a cockapoo (cocker spaniel/poodle), but we don't know for sure. Definately not our "dream dog", but she's an answer to many of Kristyn's prayers. :)

On a completely different note, we had our darling niece Tori here Sunday. She came up with her grandparents and she spent the afternoon with us. The kids had a great time.

Isn't she precious?

Mr. Cheese!! (he had some safety goggles on his head.....I have no idea why :) )

Megan sporting her two top teeth that she just got last week. She really wasn't screaming, I think the flash startled her.

So there you have it, all in a nut shell. :) Thanks for stopping by!
8 comments:
Hilarious! I thought at first that Peanut was half sheep...or a miniature St Bernard! He cleans up very nicely.
Well she cleaned up good although the "poodle" is showing now! Hopefully her fur will grow back nice before it gets too cold. Looks like Kristyn has a new best friend! :-) Her cousins will be jealous!
Happy Birthday! I hope that you have a wonderful day, filled with lots of good memories. Th pictures are so cute, as always! Your little dog is kind of cute:-) I know Krystin and Owen will have a lot of fun with (him?). Love you!
Hard to believe it's the same dog!!! The "after" pics look somewhat like Sunny! Peanut is a cute name. Wonder where Kristyn came up with that?!?!?
Happy Birthday Crystal! Hope you're having a good day.
Love you all, Momma D
Happy Birthday my dearest Crystal!!
I hope you have had a wonderful day.
Love ya lots,
Aunt Cheryl
"Happy Birthday to the most wonderful wife in the world" I Love You, Crystal. God has blessed my life with you and given us 3 beautiful children. Happy Birthday.
YOur Loving Hubby
Keith
Aww I thinks shes cute!!
Happy Birthday I love you so much and wish I were there to tell you myself and give you a big hug!!! I hope you have/had by now :-) a wonderful birthday!! Love you very much!
Love this post!!This shows the real Crystal. Just struck me funny!! The dog definately found a great home. Kristyn must be a dog lover like her mommy. Owen is just crazy little man. Megan is adorable (love the cheesy, teethy grin). Happy Birthday!!! Love you!! Dana
Post a Comment