Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2012

'Tis The Season....Deer Season, I mean!

Do you have hunters in your family?  We sure do. (*smile*)

I wish I could say Keith shot this beauty, but he didn't (hasn't yet).  This is a buck we saw a couple of years ago in August - full velvet.  Isn't he handsome?  (It's a copy of a copy, so not the best quality)


Anyway, on with the hunters.  I think everyone in our family loves to hunt, except Ashlyn, who is too small to know better. I don't hunt for deer, but I love picking squirrels out of tree branches from the dining room window with the BB gun. (*smile*) I can't stand it when I fill the bird feeder and these pesky critters come running as if it's for them. Hmph....

But Keith, of course, goes hunting for real and the kids love to go with him.  One day this week was Kristyn's day and they shot a nice doe and was she ever excited!!


She took her book with her (as always) and read the entire thing.  Keith said he told her to tap him if she saw something, so every little bit she'd "tap, tap, tap - Daddy, there's a red bird!"  Tap, tap, tap - Daddy, there's a blue bird!"  I don't know how she managed to read the whole book AND see all she saw, but she had a grand time and we have a nice stash in the freezer to enjoy!

I love my hunters!!

No comments:

Blog Archive