Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Kristyn 7 years old

I had been asking Kristyn what she wanted her birthday cake to be and said, "Surprise me"  :D    So I did!  She was quite surprised and happy with her castle cake.

*Lest you go thinking that I spent a good deal of my life working on this, I'll tell you, it was very simple.  Just make two cakes and stick some icing on them.  Place the pillars around and (the biggest part) put icing on the pillar tops (if you want) and around the windows and doors (again, if you want).  Not bad at all and the results are darling.

I have no idea what was up with the coloring in this picture.

 Her birthday shirt - thanks again, Janie, for the idea. :)

 Our neighbor always gets the kids one of those crazy singing cards for their birthday.  They LOVE them. He spoils them rotten.




Can't believe our precious little baby is already seven years old.  Kristyn is such a joy and a big helper around the house.  She is FULL of life.

She started piano lessons a few weeks ago and before she went to her first lesson, she asked if there was recess at piano lessons. :D

9 comments:

Vicki Clifton said...

beautiful! Love the recess idea at piano lessons....sometimes the teacher's wish for a recess too :)ha

Anonymous said...

The cake is beautiful, Crystal! I'm sure it was a delight (to say the least!!) for Kristyn! Yes, seven years has gone by so fast! Kristyn has brought so much joy and happiness to our lives, and we're very proud of her (and all the others!!:)) We're anxious to see you all in a couple of weeks!!:) Love you all bunches!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics! Beautiful cake for a beautiful and precious 7 year old. Love her bunches - - - and all the rest of you too!
Momma D

Mandy said...

You did a fantastic job on the cake Crystal!!!!! It looks beautiful!!! The shirts are a great idea too!

We can't wait to see you all SOON!!!!

Love you all!!!!!

Tonya said...

Okay Dorothy Domestic, that cake is incredible!! Cannot believe Kristyn is seven!! She is growing up way too fast!

Angela said...

What a neat cake!!!! Just love the smile on her face !!!!!

Janie said...

I LOVE the cake and yes, it does look like you spent days/weeks working on it. I'm sure she loved it! She is a doll!

Janie said...

ps
The tshirt turned out adorable. Love the polka-dots!

Liz said...

That's amazing, Crystal! I can't wait to see you next week!

Happy birthday to such a sweet little lady!

Blog Archive