Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Just "Stuff".......

I meant for this picture to be at the bottom of the page, but I can't get it to go down there and I don't want to delete it and re-load it, so here it is.

My dear mother went and stood out by the highway this morning while a huge string of electric trucks when flying by. Now to ease your concerns about my mothers mental health, she does not do this on a regular basis. :) My wonderful brother and brother-in-law were part of this truck-caravan and she went to wave at them. :) The truck second in line is my brother. He told my mom and he would have his lights on bright so she would know which one was him.

Jeremy and Kyle are both linemen and they're going to OK to work the big ice storm that is coming. So if you think of it and have a few extra prayers laying around, I'd be grateful if you'd say one for them.

Okay, now the reason for the title of this post:

That's what I've been dealing with the last couple of weeks.....STUFF! We are blessed with gobs and gobs of stuff, so I have been....(a-hem)....weeding in January. :) I just had to get my gardening itch out somehow.

I don't travel to blogs very often, but I did do some looking around tonight and looked at one of the blogs that I read sometimes and saw THIS:

So if you're looking for some motivation, she's giving away over $1500 in cash and prizes to the winner of the challenge. Hey, it just might be YOU!!

I'm not going to join this one, because I'm almost done. I have the upstairs completely done and a good dint in the basement. And besides I don't want to drag it all out to the end of Feb. I'm much too impatient for that. :)

So I thought I'd pass the word along.......go on over and sign up and then you can give me your tithe if you win....heehee!


On a completely different note, our little ham (aka Owen) came running to me today saying, "Mo-o-o-om, Megan just..."

I stopped him and asked if he was tattling. He didn't miss a beat and said, "Nope! I'm just statin' the facts." What a guy!!!


I would add pictures, but I haven't taken any....(gasp) Honestly, we have really been enjoying some not-so-busy time right now and not doing a lot. Well, not a lot that I should be taking pictures of. You know there's always dirty diapers, but I didn't think you'd want to see that. Or there's the snow that got tracked in on the floor, but again, I didn't figure you'd want to see that. Then there was the gold paint that Kristyn found and decided to paint her playhouse WHILE she was in her school uniform...Boy, I should have gotten a picture of that one. I did get all the paint out. Thank the Good Lord!

I hope you have a marvelous weekend and if I take any pictures, I'll be sure to post! I think I have officially broken Keith's "no wordy posts" rule!

Stay warm. Thanks for checking in on us. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told Jeremy I could hold up a sign saying "I'm Jeremy's mom" but he threatened to get back at me if I did!!! Also said it would be a LOONG two weeks :) so I spared him (and me, too!!) However, some of the guys did honk and wave. Trelanie said maybe they'd just think I was a news reporter!!! It was fun ~ and I was so proud of them!!! Also praying for them.

And I LOVE the little ham!! :) What a guy!!!!!

Have a wonderful day! Love you!
Mom

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the "wordy" post so if Keith complains tell him you did it for Aunt Bev! I will be praying for Jeremy - not a good way to spend his birthday but it may be one that he will remember. Have fun with the weeding! I did alot of that before we moved and it's nice to get things cleared out. Love you all. Aunt Bev

Della said...

Crystal, I enjoyed your words today. I love all the pics too, of course. Those precious little ones do keep life interesting, don't they?!?!?! I've been doing some "weeding" today myself. Not near enough, but every little bit helps! We're praying for Kyle and Jeremy as well as others who are working out in the snow and cold. So thankful for them! I also try to remember their families at home without them. Love you all, Momma D

Andy said...

love reading your blog. been on the same binge. just got rid of 4 bins of boy clothes. hope i'm not jinxing myself. :o)

Mandy said...

Wow! I haven't been doing a very good job on keeping up with blogs, so this is a bit belated! I love all of the cute pictures and Owen's comment is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! :)

I am still missing my lineman!

Too bad I already decluttered my house! Hee! Hee! NOT!!!! It feels SO wonderful to have that done, although it is a bit of a never ending job.

Love you!

Mary Ellen said...

Sounds like your Owen and my Ethan would get along great! Enjoyed reading your blog...love seeing your pictures but I also love reading your words/thoughts so I enjoy it when you write a little more. "-)

Blog Archive