Last weekend we had a
very brief visit from Great Grandma and Grandpa. What a nice time we had. The kids just love them!

What a special Great-Grandma! We are so glad she got to come.

The kids were all ready for bed.

The lens on the camera kept fogging over, but I thought it made for a sweet picture.

And we also got a very short visit from Grandma!! As always, we thoroughly enjoyed it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One day last week, we decided to make some candy for our neighbor. He's the nicest older man and spoils our kids rotten.

Peanut clusters....yum!

Misty told me about these, so we tried them. Pretzel, Rolo candy and bake for 4 min.

Then press a pecan onto the Rolo candy......
very yum! (Except I can't have pecans)

This little cherub, just giggled from the swing!
We also made Christmas cookies...the kids favorite.



"Uhhhhh, Mom??? Shouldn't you be watching the cookies in the oven?"

"What? I'm not eating anything. My cheeks just stick out like this....it's inherited from Dad's side of the family."

"Uhhh, I think I lost my cookie cutter in the dish of red-hots, so I'm going to look for it. Honest, Mom!!"



Nothing like dipping your cookie in some cold milk!!!

Thanks for stopping by to see us. We have been busy with programs and such and if any of you care to come, Kristyn's school program is this Friday night!
Have a BLESSED day!!!
8 comments:
I loved my visit with you all the other day! You're all so sweet and so much fun. What fun Christmas memories you're making for your family. The pretzel/rolo recipe looks really good. I might have to try some of those to bring to work. Do you suppose I have any pecans???
Love you all,
Momma D
Your Christmas treats look so good!! I have seen the rolos & pretzels made w/ an m&m on the top rather than the pecan. I thought maybe you COULD eat m&m's. :-) YUM!!!
Everything looks yummy! I love that picture of the kids with Grandma Della, very cute!
Love you!
So sweet, Crystal (literally!) Reminded me of making Christmas cookies together with Grandma!!!!!!
Love you all!
Robyn
Uh, yeah...you could eat the M&M's...snicker....LOL
Grandma Schaper really looks good =) That was so nice they could visit. Jeren looks like HE ate the bag of M&M's! I so want to squeeze him! Megan is adorable as usual. Maybe next year we can make a BIG mess and a few cookies together....
KAthryn bumped her head tonight, Kaylee said "you are always getting hurt!" REminded me of Owen, It must be that age!
Love you all and missing you so much right now...
Misty
Cute pictures. I can't believe how you do all the extra baking and cooking that you do. You are very organized!!! Thanks for sharing that recipe sounds yummy!!!
Another idea I am going to make for Christmas that a friend made, is, Put a Hershey Hug on the pretzel instead, than, after melting, add a Christmas colored M&M. They are Yummy!
Hi Crystal, I meant to tell you after seeing the rolo and pretzels, I made them for our Christmas get-to-gethers both, Davolt & Shimp. They really went over great, So easy and 1 WW pt. They even had the recipe at a WW meeting.:)
Post a Comment