Search This Blog

Friday, November 13, 2009

Mayday! Maday!

Owen and I had just went and got Kristyn from school and I walked in the house and I hear, "Momma, Momma" It wasn't a distress call, but I knew whoever it was, they wanted me to come see something. When I walked out, this is what I saw.
Owen, in all of his three year old wisdom had drug the slide to the side of the tree so he could get up to the first limb. He was VERY proud of his accomplishments.....me, not so much!!!
Cowboy boots and all!
Keith was trying to tell him how to get down.
Keith looked at me and screeched, "He's only THREE years old!" I told him, I remember climbing trees with I was three years old and he said, "Yeah, I probably did too, but that's different!" :)
I'm happy to report, they both survived the experience.....Owen a little better than his daddy I think. ;)

16 comments:

Aimee said...

Ok...yeah...I would have had a heart attack ....

Arthur and Jessica said...

lol, Wow, I probably would have had a heart attack too, but I'm glad you had the presence of mind to grab your camera. :-) He'll love that picture someday. I probably climbed at three, but I doubt I climbed that high! With Owen's track record on the ground, that could be a little scary. :o)

Rob and Deanna said...

That is so fun & cute!!! (since he is down safe :-) My oldest son, Dusti, did something similar. He was barely walking, so he may not have been a year old yet. Rob had a real tall ladder going to the roof of our house, I turned around & Dusti was all the way at the top! Biggest grin you ever did see, sure that we would be SOO Proud of him!! :-)

Pam said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!That scares Aunt Pam!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute and scarry pictures! What an adventuresome little guy!!!I'm sure glad he and his Daddy and the Good Lord got him down safely.

Love ya'll,

Aunt Sue

Liz said...

Oh. dear. I will NOT be showing this picture to anyone in our house. :>)

Anonymous said...

Grandpa thinks this "looks like a good tree to climb" and "it looks like he's not scared of heights!" Grandma ~ not such a positive take on it!!!! (What if he fell ~ he could break his neck, his arm, his leg, his . . . . . . !!!!) But, on the other hand, thinking back to his mama when she was a little girl ~ maybe not so surprising!!! Love you all MUCH and I'll just keep praying! Glad the guardian angels stay on duty 24/7! :)

Love ya,
Mom

Mandy said...

That is too cute! It looks like Owen is a great little climber! :) I am glad that he made it back down safely. Cowboy boots wouldn't make the greatest climbing shoes!

The girls were just asking me a few days ago what were my favorite things to do when I was a little girl. Climbing trees was near the top of the list! When we're little we just think about how much fun it is, not about the peril involved. :)

Anonymous said...

OH Dear! That darling, daring little guy just took my breath away!!! Sooooooo thankful he arrived back on the ground safely. But what can I say? His Daddy's got it coming!!!! "Paying for your raising!" ;) Love you all, Momma D

Sharlyn said...

Bob and I got a big kick out of this little episode! So glad he is safe and sound.
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I wanted to email you but wasn't certain about your current email address. Anyway, I chuckled thinking of you when I posted that entry. I'm sure that's the kind of aimless rambling he hopes you will avoid! :-)
Will you all be at Schaper T-giving? HOpe to see you there! Love ya...

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I am with the others I would have had a heart attack. That must have been not too long after we were off of the phone. I am sure my day is coming but I know I won't have the frame of mind to grab the camera. Thanks for sharing glad he is safe.

Arthur and Jessica said...

Aunt Della saying that Keith had it coming reminded me of something my mom told me once. I guess they went to the Grand Canyon w/ Uncle Albert and Aunt Della. Mom said there was just this rickety little fence that LEANED out over the side. Kyle and Keith were leaning out over the fence as far as they could to see, and Aunt Della had a handful of each of their shirts and was leaning back as far AWAY from the fence as she could. I can just picture it!

Sharlyn said...

Jess- that's a Norman Rockwell picture, huh? Too funny!

Andy said...

my heart would have stopped!!

Mary Ellen said...

oh...my...WORD! I think I would have fainted on the spot. Can not believe he did that with cowboy boots on. Glad he made it down safely, I think this Mom would have had to stay in the house and hid until he was safely down. And I don't think the tree would have held keith - yikes. You'd better tie a string around that boy and put a stake in the ground when you aren't by his side!!!

Robyn Huff said...

That is just too cute. Glad you grabbed the camera!!! (Definitley don't think I would have had the presence of mind to do that!)

Love you all!

Blog Archive