Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Invitations, MeatWoaf and Pictures.....

This picture is so precious to me. It makes me feel guilty, ashamed, thoughtful......determined!

It was yesterday. Kristyn was playing outside in the back yard and when I went to see what she was doing, she wasn't in her playhouse. She wasn't on the swing set, or in the garden. I looked down towards the church and she was sitting down there with another girl. I went down to them and talked to them for a while. The girls name was Elizabeth. She was waiting for a ride. I asked if she was okay and she said she was fine.

So I told Kristyn we needed to go that supper was on the table. We started walking back up to the house and I thought she was right behind me, but when I got up to the house, I turned around and she was back down there.

I went back down and this is what Kristyn was saying, "...we love having new people come. We'd like for you to come and you could sit with us." After a little while, we both walked back up to the house and Elizabeth's ride was coming. I asked Kristyn why she went back down there after I told her to come home. She started crying (which isn't uncommon) and said, she was just thinking that she hadn't invited Elizabeth to church, so she went back down to invite her to church and Kids Club.

As we were walking away, she turned and said, "Elizabeth, I'll pray for you." This had made me think so much. Why am I so ashamed to invite people to church? Am I ashamed of Jesus? Am I worried they will think I'm weird? Am I so afraid that they will say, "No?" Will they miss Heaven, just because I was too busy, or didn't care enough to invite them to church, or tell them about Jesus....OR tell them, "I'll be praying for you?"

I am determined to do better!

P.S. We've had in the past the "talk" about strangers and all of that, so I tried to kindly remind her of that little conversation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Owen told me today that I was "The most Pwecious, MeatWoaf Making-Mommy in the whole wide world." He loves meat loaf. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I took some pictures for a friend the other day. Here are some of my favorites.







So go out and invite someone to church, or just tell them you will be praying for them. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a precious story! Kristyn, just keep being a little missionary for Jesus! Grandma is proud of you! And Owen is such a sweetie! Don't they come up with the sweetest "names"?? :) (Like Karissa wanting me to be just "Plain 'Ol Grandma"!!!:) Little ones are so much fun! I love being a grandma!!!! :)

The other pictures are great, Crystal! You should "hang out your shingle"!! :)

Love you LOTS,
Mom

Mandy said...

The innocence and honesty of children is humbling. That is a very sweet story.

Owen's comment is so adorable!!!

Those pictures are great Crystal! You did a wonderful job!

Love you!

Rob and Deanna said...

What a sweet thing your Kristyn did! Love the pics. Especially the holding hands down the lane!

Anonymous said...

Kristyn just set quite an example for all of us, didn't she. I'm so thankful for children and grandchildren who love the Lord and aren't ashamed to show and tell it!

Love the pics. You and your camera do awesome work together!

Love you all bunches,
Momma D

Robyn Huff said...

Wow. That's all I can think to say of Kristyn's little story. What a great lesson to us all.

And Owen's name for you...mighty cute!!!! :-)

Love you all,
Robyn

Blog Archive