-homeschooling my five lovelies, even when they're not so lovely
-dealing with hurtful things that I can't understand
-beggars, vegetable vendors knocking at the street door every time I turn around, it seems
-finding it hard to hold the tears back while wiping the tiny tears that roll down my little, lovelies cheeks
-trying to process things that are too complicated for my mind and I know I just need to give it to God - but that's really hard sometimes
You know what I mean because you've had days like that, too, I know. I remembered this posts that I posted in 2011 and went back and found it. It was an encouragement to me today and might help you if you're having "one of those days". (((hugs)))
In the Garden.... (sept 17,2011)
I visited the most amazing place yesterday!
I know to most people, it won't seem like a very interesting place,
just flowers and green stuff, but to me
the garden is where God meets me.
just flowers and green stuff, but to me
the garden is where God meets me.
This week has been a long one.
Sickies, short nights, long fussy days,
drained, and completely spent.
You really have to strain to see
past the jagged edges of nerves
to see the beauty that is right in front of you.
past the jagged edges of nerves
to see the beauty that is right in front of you.
The mind seems to play tricks on you
and focusing on any one thing seems impossible.
Instead of being able to get something accomplished,
the feeling of being in many different pieces
and going in all directions is most often the case.
the feeling of being in many different pieces
and going in all directions is most often the case.
So yesterday, I was tired and my brain was less than crisp.
We took a long trip (more later) and we stopped by this park
to let the kids burn some energy.
When I saw the gardens, I asked Keith if I could go.
We took a long trip (more later) and we stopped by this park
to let the kids burn some energy.
When I saw the gardens, I asked Keith if I could go.
He played with the kids on the playground - right beside the gardens
and I spent the next 30 min soaking HIM in.
and I spent the next 30 min soaking HIM in.
This is what He showed me!
When I am all bent out of shape
and can't see which way is up,
and can't see which way is up,
He is right there waiting
to shower me with His love and peace.
to shower me with His love and peace.
When I am feeling uncertain,
He is there to be my rock that cannot be shaken.
He is there to be my rock that cannot be shaken.
When my spirit is drained,
He is there to refreshen.
He is there to refreshen.
When I am feeling overwhelmed,
He is there to see through the ordinary,
down into the heart where His beauty shines.
He is there to see through the ordinary,
down into the heart where His beauty shines.
When I feel like I'm standing alone,
He is waiting to surround me with his presence.
He is the giver of Life,
always reaching out to me,
to make my ordinary days brighter,
my fuzzy brain clearer.
He's there when the times are good and calm,
and when I want to run and hide.
He wants to make my path straight.
I am unique!
Because of HIM, there is beauty!
I am Blessed!
I am most CERTAINLY Blessed!!
And that THIS life that He gave me is a miracle!
That is what He spoke to me in the garden!
I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses.
And the melody that He gave to me
With in my heart is ringing.
And he walks with me
And he talks with me
And he tells me I am HIS own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known.
~
I know I'm not usually this "transparent" on here, but I hope some of you Momma's out there can relate and find some encouragement through this. :)



2 comments:
This is beautiful, Crystal! Sorry you've had a difficult day ~ but this kind of day makes us more thankful for the good days!:) And yes, we've all had them. But it's wonderful when Jesus slips up beside us and gives us a hug and let's us know that He's right there with us, strengthening, encouraging, comforting ~ and just being everything that we need Him to be. Hang in there! Love you bunches!!
Mom
Wonderful! You have a real eye for photography. It's a gift. :)
Post a Comment