Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Our Chickens

We absolutely LOVE our chickens!!  They are not old enough to be laying eggs, yet, but we hope within a month or so we should be getting some eggs.

Since I haven't posted pictures of them for a long while, and I wanted to play with the new collage maker Martha showed me :)  I thought I'd let you enjoy our chickens, too.


The only complaint I have - and it's not really even a complaint, because I like them so much - is that they seem to enjoy flowers as much as I do....or maybe they're after the bugs.


They come running every time we walk out into the yard and they are out of their pen.
(don't you love our  we've-been-weeding-and-mowing-all-day-sweaty-attire?)

This is our rooster.  He hasn't started crowing, yet, but I don't know that I'm sad about that.  We may have neighbors complain if he gets too loud.  He's always keeping himself looking nice for the ladies. :)


This little lady is our mystery girl.  We've named her Goldie. :)  We ordered all the other chickens by their breed, but she was thrown in for free and we don't know what she is.  She's a beauty though.


Just because I promised pictures of the garden (I have so many pictures and I'm trying to decide which one's to post so I don't go overboard) here is a little sneak peak.  Yes, this was taken from the roof and no, I did not go up there and take it....Keith did it for me. :) He's real nice like that!


Do you have a garden, or chickens?  I'd love to hear about them if you do. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! Your garden looks nice and your chickens are beautiful! Of course, I especially LOVE the little (and big:)) two-legged munchkins most of all! Thanks for sharing all the pictures!

Love you bunches and so anxious to see you all!!! :)

Mom

Jana said...

Oh, we just love our chickens, too!!!! Fresh eggs are hard to beat!!! Enjoyed all your pics!!

Mornings in Kansas said...

Love the pictures. We have a garden, but no chickens. Strangely enough, I just blogged about these very two things today! ...it hasn't been posted yet, but it should be by tomorrow night. (I'm trying to ration out my posts over a few days. :)

Leah said...

I just love being able to keep up with your family! No chickens but Dave has us a little garden put out. All the kids are grown and married so it is just for us! :) Dave especially loves to garden, and the plus to that is he likes to can and freeze the stuff too! :) Your garden looks so nice and you have plenty of space to move around in it as well!

Angela said...

Wow, Girl, love that garden & view! it looks sooooo "tidy"!!!!! Chickens are such a PLUS!!!!

Blog Archive