So about a week, or so before I went to Misty's she had told me about this song that she had heard and really liked. That got my mind rolling.......
First I found this at a thrift store for a couple of dollars:
(Lovely, but completely out of my taste for hanging on my wall)
I bought a can of spray paint and a little bottle of black paint and got to work! I left the picture just as it was and painted right over the glass and frame. :)
The end result!
Don't look too close because it's certainly not perfect....
The first few coats went on beautifully smooth and looked wonderful! Then I went to put the last coat on and it must have been too cold, or something because the paint kind of froze, making it crack all over (the paint cracked, not the glass). But I think it made it look even better that way.
(This was before I had the letters painted in.)
So I carted it off to my sisters and now she can worry about finding a place to put it. :) It really was so fun to do (if you like to paint), you should try it sometime - and let me know what you made. :)




2 comments:
Crystal, you have so much creativity and ingenuity!! The ingenuity comes from your daddy, I'm sure . . . the creativity. . . just a special gift from God! :) The "picture" is beautiful and I know it's special to Misty. Thanks for sharing!
Love ya BUNCHES,
Mom
I really like this and want to try my own. However, I am not sure how to transfer the words onto the "picture" so I can paint them in. I'd appreciate any tips and instructions. Thanks so very much!
Esther
Post a Comment