Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tomato Girl...(and a little vent)

Dear Readers, (if we still have any)

Life has been just packed full the last few months. I offered to clean the school last month and that took at least a couple of hours each evening, not to mention all the normal mommy stuff.  So blogging has gotten pushed way down on the priority list.  I considered just closing the blog altogether, but I do enjoy blogging  (when I have time) and so I'm thinking surely my life will kind of get back to normal one of these days. :) (My cleaning job is happily back in the hands of the janitor)

So if you're still hanging with me, I'm just going to shed the big elephant on my back that's saying "You're not keeping up with your blog...nag, nag, nag" and just move on from here and post periodically with just some things that are going on around here. I like to blog things as they happen - mainly because none of our family live close to us and I think they like to see what we're doing, BUT I can't do that right now (because there is ALWAYS pictures on my camera of funny things the kids are doing - I would have to post everyday), so it will just be total randomness for a while. :) (unless I decide to just close it altogether)

So on with the  post for today. :)

Ashlyn loves - LOVES - tomatoes!  If I don't catch her in time she is out the door as soon as she wakes up - PJ's and all - out in the garden, picking and eating tomatoes.


Her favorite are the small tomatoes that are growing like crazy right now.

I finally got it through to her that you only eat the red/orange ones - NOT the green ones.....

and it's a good idea to pull the stems off before you eat them.  It's SO cute to watch her pull the stems off  - priceless! (check out Owen's face on the side bar - look similar? LOL!!)


She is just the right height to see all the ripe ones and feast away.


 Yesterday she came up holding a big tomato with both hands just eating away.  She is one funny cookie! 

One of these days, I'll get pictures of her eating peppers - she eats them the same way as the tomatoes. :)

I have about 5 posts worth of pictures of our garden that we have thoroughly enjoyed this summer, but that will have to wait for right now. :)

I hope you are enjoying your day!!!!! 

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE don't stop your blog!!!! We LOVE all the pics of our sweet and beautiful family in N. MO. We definitely don't get to see you often enough and your blog and pics help make that more bearable. Dear Ashlyn! A girl after Papa's own heart as he loves fresh tomatoes too. Never better than right out of the garden. Can't wait for more posts and pictures. Happy Birthday to you today Crystal! We love you, and all the others, bunches and bunches. WE ARE BLESSED!
Momma D

Anonymous said...

Crystal, I so enjoy your blog. You do such a good job capturing the moment with your camera. I hope you don't quit blogging, But don't feel bad if you can't post very often. It isn't like you don't have anything else to do. You are busy being a good wife and momma so blogging will have to wait. I will keep checking for a new post occassionally. But certainly don't expect one very often.

Ashlyn knows the best way to eat tomatoes. When I was a kid, Daddy grew lots of tomatoes. He kept a metal salt shaker out on the post at the end of the tomato patch. It was not uncommon for us to pick and eat tomatoes fresh from the patch several times a day. They were the best.
Bonnie C.

Rob and Deanna said...

She is SO cute, you just want to SQUEEZE those chubby little cheeks! Love her face when she is working hard :-)

Bethany and Dorian said...

Please don't quit blogging!!!! I LOVE seeing all the pictures and hearing what is going on with everyone.I love and miss you all!! PS. Happy birthday :)

Anonymous said...

First of all ~ Happy Birthday to our baby girl :) and also one of my very best friends! Thanks for all the pictures. Ashlyn (and all the rest) is such a cutie pie and so expressive! You do a great job of capturing the moments!

Love you all BUNCHES,
Mom

Keith and Crystal said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I had a GREAT day!! :)

Leah said...

Crystal, I also hope that you don't quit blogging. I don't get to update mine as often as I wish but I sure do enjoy reading those of my friends and I LOVE seeing your pictures! You have a beautiful family!

ALICIA said...

Those are cute pictures! That is funny that she loves them that much. At least it's tomatoes and not candy! I enjoy your blog and check it all the time!:o)

Blog Archive