Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Blessing.......

Several weeks ago, my wonderful mother called and asked if they could keep the kids for us for a weekend, if Keith and I would get away and have a weekend to ourselves.

We have never had the opportunity to do something like this and it was indeed a blessing!   So after our week at Misty's, my mom took our five with her and Keith and I went to a beautiful little place that we had found online.

This is owned by a couple and they have 120 acres with five one-bedroom cabins on the land.  Every cabin is very private and you have full run of the place!  I think it's a little piece of Heaven, right in the middle of Missouri. :)

Here is our cabin....

Fully furnished kitchen.


This is the drive going to our cabin.

There is one bigger creek and then several smaller creeks on their land.

Poor Keith, he was actually trying very hard to get a picture of both of us, but he thought the timer wasn't working and was on his way back to the camera when it decided to take the picture. :D

There are woods everywhere and some very cool flowers.

And neat rock formations.  Keith tried and tried to run around the rock to get out on the ledge where I was for a picture, but he just couldn't get there fast enough.  Look how high the rock is.....it was a very neat place.

I love ferns!


I made meals and froze them to take with us.  Made for some yummy suppers. :)


We grilled one night - yes, we had left overs. :)

The creek was such a fun place to be.

The "town" that was close there was very small and red-neck-ish, we saw this in someone's yard. I wonder how it worked out for them? :D

We visited this church on Sunday.  They had some very friendly people that made us feel welcome, but it made us very thankful for our church. :)

We went to the Maramec Spring one day.

This is a beautiful place.




 It was a very special time for us!

A HUGE thank you, Mom and Dad, for taking such good care of our little ankle-biters cherubs. We never worried about them once and I know they enjoyed being at your house. They're still talking about it. :)  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

7 comments:

Liz said...

LOVED your updates and all the pictures! Could you please email me the info on that place where you stayed? Darrell and I are celebrating 10 yrs this yr and I would really like to do something for a couple days...without children perhaps?? :) Love ya lots!

Mandy said...

What a blessed time away!!!!! That place looks really amazing! I am SO happy that you guys were able to do that! I will have to get the info about it from you too! :)

Looks like you had a fabulous time at Misty's too! :)

Love you all!!!!

Angela said...

Wow ~ what a serene get away . . . love those pics . . . made my ticker start thinking of taking a weekend there as well . . . where is this wonder of a dream?

Sooooo glad you both enjoyed a nice "drawn out date" with one another ~ every couple should set aside a time to do just that!

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures! Looks like a beautiful place, and I'm so glad you all got to go. And THANK YOU (and Keith:)) for letting us have fun with your five little munchkins for a few days. It was our privilege ~ NOT an unwanted chore! They were very good, and decided they wanted to stay another week!!! :) Love 'em all so much!

Love you bunches,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics and beautiful, relaxing place. So thankful for you and Keith to have that opportunity.

Glad for the little bit of time we got to spend with your precious family too.

Love you, Momma D

ALICIA said...

Tell Keith I said nice white legs! LOL! :o)The place looked like an awesome choice~ I am glad you guys got to do something, I think that is very important, especially when you have a bunch of little ones! Your kids are so cute, and totally have onery written all over their faces!

Janie said...

Wow! What a nice getaway! Looks like a wonderful, relaxing place to stay.

Blog Archive