Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Still learning.....

I've always heard that if you keep trying new things, your mind will keep sharp....is that true?  (My mind feels kind of dull these days. :D)

So with that in mind, (not really) I had a bridal shower for a friend and I had never had a shower for someone before.  Certainly an experience.

There were many firsts involved with the shower.

#1 ~ Chocolate Covered Strawberries
I thought they turned out beautifully - of course, I didn't LEAVE them in this pan for the shower (smirk)


#2 ~ Fondant
My very talented sister-in-law, introduced me to this great stuff.  I will be using it again. ;)
I am very sad that I didn't get a picture of the whole cake. :(

#3 ~ Cupcakes
Yes, I have made cupcakes before, but never decorated them for anything.  Stuck a fondant flower on them and Ta-da = Cuteness!!!


This was not made by me, but Keith took this cool picture of some pepper jelly, so I just threw it in so you could see. :D
 More shower food - now I'm hungry!

 Check out this very cool cake!  A friend baked it for me and then I decorated it for the shower.  She has a pan that will make it checked like this.  SO tasty!!
So, try something new this week and let me in on what it is.  I love hearing from my friends. ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Crystal!!! Looks like you did an awesome job! And what a special thing to do for your friend!

Love you lots,
Mom

Anonymous said...

You do such a good job and make things look so pretty! Once you "do" a shower it makes you appreciate them alot more, doesn't it??!! Love you, Momma D

Angela said...

WOW ~ what a GREAT job!!!! Too bad I won't be having another Baby Shower . . . heee heeee ~

Seriously, you're doing a fine job!!!! Love the looks of those strawberries!!!! And the fruit tray ~ and . . . . =0)

Mandy said...

Everything looks gorgeous Crystal!!!!! You did a terrific job!!!!!

Tonya said...

Okay, little Miss, everything looks incredible! You are so talented!! Too bad we didn't live closer then maybe some of your Dorothy Domestic ways would rub off on me:) haha. Love ya!

Janie said...

Wow, Crystal! It all looks beautiful! I've never tried fondant before because it looks complicated but yours turned out so pretty. Julie's baby shower is this weekend and I'm making something new for it. I'll let you know how it goes :)

Janelle said...

Crystal, I wish you lived in KS. I could use your creativity in catering. This food looks great! Thanks for helping with the Ware Wedding. I sent you a link with the photos from the wedding, use them however you want. I have never attempted the chocolate covered strawberries- yours look perfect! Janelle

Blog Archive